In case you weren’t aware, I recently started putting together a prototype for a possible new game. News on that are coming way later, though. Anyway, following that occurrence, I decided to rebrand my website.
It’s not a huge rebranding – mainly I just removed the “Level Design” and “Writing” sections. The respective pages still exist for archiving purposes, only they’re not immediately accessible.
My reasons as to why I decided to rebrand the website are really quite simple. As far as level design goes, after finishing Deliverance 2600, I started taking an increasing interest in game development. Hence I’ve also been putting together the game prototype. As for writing… well, I just don’t consider myself a serious enough writer for it to be worth including.
I also re-designed the website ever so slightly by changing up the layout and fonts. And I added a “Follow via E-mail” button if you wish to be alerted of new posts on the website by e-mail, so that you never miss them. So that’s an option now.
With all that said, I have a literal fuckton of new creative ideas I hope to make a reality at some point. Hopefully you’re as excited as I am!
And to finish up “The Making of Devil Ex Machina”, here’s Part 5 of it. In this part, I cover the mixing and mastering process of the EP.
With all that, I hope you enjoyed the series, and Devil Ex Machina should be coming your way soon-ish. Stay tuned!
So here are parts 3 and 4 of “The Making of Devil Ex Machina”. Enjoy.
It is with deafeningly loud squeals of excitement that I finally announce the full release of Deliverance 2600!
Somehow I have a hard time believing I actually finally got it out there. Two years of hard work went into this thing, and now it came to the end it deserved. Easy it was not by any means – there were times I lacked motivation, features were planned but either cut early on or not implemented at all, and I even came close to giving up on the whole thing once.
But now I don’t need to worry about it anymore. Because the mod is complete. And more importantly, it’s released.
Anyway, self-reflective rambling aside, you can go ahead and download the mod right over here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deliverance-2600/downloads/deliverance-2600-final-v10
You can also grab its OST here: https://mfg38.bandcamp.com/album/deliverance-2600-ost
Without rambling too much, here’s Part 2 of “The Making of Devil Ex Machina”. In this one, I talk about how I did the drum parts for the EP. Enjoy.
Stay tuned for Part 3!
So yesterday, I had the idea to start a mini-series documenting the creation process of the upcoming Devil Ex Machina EP on The Santtu Pesonen Project’s YouTube channel. This is the first episode of the series where I discuss the gear and software used in the making of the album. I also give a brief description of the recording setup I used for each instrument.
Currently, the series is intended to be a 5-part mini-documentary. The topics covered in each episode are planned to be as follows:
- Gear and Software
- Bass and Guitars
- Mixing and Mastering
Stay tuned for the rest of it!
So I’ve been meaning to make a post about this here, and now that I finally took it upon myself to do so… well, here we are.
Anyway, chances are you already caught it on either Facebook or Twitter, but I released a little teaser video of the upcoming The Santtu Pesonen Project EP. I also gave the title of the album: Devil Ex Machina.
Speaking of the new EP, the production stage of it is now finished. The album will be ready for release as soon as my commissionee gets the cover art done. I’ll also be doing a limited-edition physical run of the EP, so keep an eye peeled for details on that in the near future!
And in case you didn’t see the teaser, the link to it is right here:
Bye for now!