It is with immense joy that I announce the release of The Santtu Pesonen Project’s latest EP, Devil Ex Machina!
Things took a little longer than I anticipated, namely with the cover art, but luckily the EP has finally arrived. You can go listen to and get it over here:
Enjoy, and have a fantastic weekend.
And to finish up “The Making of Devil Ex Machina”, here’s Part 5 of it. In this part, I cover the mixing and mastering process of the EP.
With all that, I hope you enjoyed the series, and Devil Ex Machina should be coming your way soon-ish. Stay tuned!
So here are parts 3 and 4 of “The Making of Devil Ex Machina”. Enjoy.
Without rambling too much, here’s Part 2 of “The Making of Devil Ex Machina”. In this one, I talk about how I did the drum parts for the EP. Enjoy.
Stay tuned for Part 3!
So yesterday, I had the idea to start a mini-series documenting the creation process of the upcoming Devil Ex Machina EP on The Santtu Pesonen Project’s YouTube channel. This is the first episode of the series where I discuss the gear and software used in the making of the album. I also give a brief description of the recording setup I used for each instrument.
Currently, the series is intended to be a 5-part mini-documentary. The topics covered in each episode are planned to be as follows:
- Gear and Software
- Bass and Guitars
- Mixing and Mastering
Stay tuned for the rest of it!
So I’ve been meaning to make a post about this here, and now that I finally took it upon myself to do so… well, here we are.
Anyway, chances are you already caught it on either Facebook or Twitter, but I released a little teaser video of the upcoming The Santtu Pesonen Project EP. I also gave the title of the album: Devil Ex Machina.
Speaking of the new EP, the production stage of it is now finished. The album will be ready for release as soon as my commissionee gets the cover art done. I’ll also be doing a limited-edition physical run of the EP, so keep an eye peeled for details on that in the near future!
And in case you didn’t see the teaser, the link to it is right here:
Bye for now!
So in case the title didn’t tell you enough, The Santtu Pesonen Project‘s 8th album is now officially underway! I just did the drum parts for all 4 songs yesterday – so that’s roughly 25% of each song done already.
I’ll be posting more on my social media outlets as I work on the album (or EP, if you want to be accurate). The album’s details will also be revealed along the way – it might take a while longer than usual, though, main reason being that I outsourced the cover art and commissioned it from an actually competent artist for once.
Either way, stay tuned!